This is the statement of Bible Doctrine as believed and taught by the Citadel of Praise Church International. This statement of faith has its source in the Bible and is in total agreement with the principles of the doctrines of Christ.
1. We believe that the Bible is infallible and were written by the inspiration of God Almighty.
(2nd Timothy 3:16, 2nd Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe that there is only one God eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost.
(Ephesians 4:5-6, Genesis 1:26, Mathew 3:16-17)
3. We believe that Jesus is the begotten son of God who came to this World in Human form and that He was crucified, died and was buried; on the third day He rose from the dead bodily and later ascended into Heaven bodily, where He remains at the right hand of God Almighty.
(John 3:16, John 1:14, John 19:30-35, Acts 4:10, John 20:25-29, Luke 24:36-40, Ephesians 4:8, Romans 8:34)
4. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 1:1-4, John 10:30, Hebrews 1:1-5)
a. He was born of a virgin (Mathew 1:18-25, Luke 1:30-35)
b. He was conceived of the Holy Ghost (Mathew 1:18-25, Luke 1:30-35)
5. We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus.
(Acts 3:19, Luke 24:47, Ephesians 1:7)
6. We believe in the Lord’s Supper.
(Mathew 26:26-28, Luke 22:19)
7. We believe in Power and authority in the name of Jesus Christ.
8. We believe in water baptism by immersion, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
(Mathew 28:19, Acts 8:36-38)
9. We believe that when an individual receives the Holy Ghost, he receives divine enablement for Christian Service and Witness.
(Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4, Acts 3:1-26, Acts 4:5-12)
10. We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues and prophecy.
(Acts 2:1-4, Acts 19:6)
11. We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Ghost.
(Romans 15:16, 1st Corinthians 6:11)
12. We believe that after death, eternal life or death continues either in Heaven or in Hell. Where you will spend eternity is based on your decision to make Jesus Christ your personal Lord and Savior or not.
(Hebrews 9:27, 1st John 5:11-12)
13. We believe in the rapture of the church and second coming of Christ.
(1st Thessalonians 4:16-17)
14. We believe in the final resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the former to eternal life and the later to eternal judgment.
(Revelations 20:11-15, 1st Corinthians 15:12-23)
15. We believe in worshipping and praising God with musical instrument.
16. We believe that tithes and offerings should be freely given to your local church. And the local church is the place of your membership where God has called you to receive His Word on a consistent basis and to grow spiritually.
(Malachi 3:10, Hebrew 10:25, Acts 20: 32)
17. We believe that faith is acting on the Word of God.
(James 1:22, James 2:18)
18. We believe in living a prosperous life (life in abundance) that Jesus Christ has given to His Church.
(John 10:10b, 1st Timothy 6:17, Deut. 28:12)
19. We believe in giving alms to the poor, sick, homeless, orphans and others, regardless of their race, or colour.
(Mathew 6:2-4, Mathew 25:34-40)
20. We believe in representing Jesus Christ anywhere we go, in words and in works (Good moral behavior or conduct)
(Colossians 3:23, 1st Peter 2:12, 15)
21. We believe in loving one another just as Jesus Christ has loved us and gave His life for us.
(John 13:34-35, John 15:13)
22. We believe in honoring our earthly parents, loving caring and bringing up our family in a Christian way.